Saturday, February 20, 2010

pittsburgshop.com being updated

     Boy, it has been a very busy couple of days.  I have been working on my yahoo store trying to get it ready.  When I upgraded to a yahoo store some time ago it took over my domain name PittsburgShop.com so what ever I had on that website already had to edited. So I have also been chaning the http://www.pittsburgshop.com/ to http://site.pittsburgshop.com/.   I also had to change the html on the images since they are considered a subdomain folder.  Let me tell you, that my friend, is a lot of work.
     So last night I was resting taking some time off from the website and the store when I had the idea..  I will buy the name http://www.pittsburgshop.net/,  On the main sites I am offering link exchange.  It is simple really, add my banner to your site and send me the weblink where my site is listed and I will add your link to my site.
     My main goal here is to get PittsburgShop up and running since the ebay fees are so high.  I only have a few things listed.  Bonanzle isn't doing much for me at the moment either.  On a calculation I did this morning from a sell from eBay they charge almost 9% sellers fee.  Bonanzle on the other hand is suppose to be cheaper to sell with no listing fees and small transaction fees.  I had a banner item listed for .75 cents. ( why? yes turns out I was thinking I was giving the customer a great deal )  Bonanzle charged me .50 cents for the transaction.  Paypal was at least that.  So I lost money on the deal.  So in other words you can not sell cheap items on Bonanzle and make money.  ( cheap I mean by low cost items ).  
     I still have high hopes on Bonanzle becoming a great market place.  It is a great sellers gathering place right now.  That is my impression of it from the time I use to spend every day posting and getting involved in the conversations.  I will say they have top notch support.  Everytime I had a question they got back with me right away.  I have even seen them on the forums.  I know they care about their market place a great deal.  So if you have a well known item for high dollar Bonanzle is the place you want your item to be sold at.  If you are selling low price items my advice is to sell somewhere else.
     So that is where my http://www.pittsburgshop.com/ store comes in play.  Low transaction fee for selling an item.  I am thinking 1%? and then the paypal fee of course.  But no matter what market place you list on your are more than likely going to have that fee anyway. 
     So get my store up, items with keywords, pages with titles, and then market market market....
      I have even considered letting other people ad their item to my store and just have them advertise your items.  Having them do the shipping ect.  I know this maybe risky but if I do it right it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment